Thursday, February 24, 2011

Journal #36: FAVORITE FOOD

You cannot survive without food. It is an essential part of life. There are multitude of foods. There are hamburgers, Mexican food, French food, Asian food, and noodles. There are many many other foods and many other types of food. Even though there is many foods that people like, there is usually only one of those types of food that is their favorite food.

My favorite food is steak. Steak comes from cows, and there are many different types of steak. There are T-bones, ribeyes, filet mignon, a New York strip, and many others. Not only do you have the type of steak, but you also have the choice of how they cook your steak. You can have a steak that is rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, and well. A rare steak means that it is red in the middle, and they do not cook it as much. A medium steak is one that is slightly pink and is cooked more than a rare or medium rare. A well steak is one with no pink, and is cooked more than the medium well and medium steak; it is usually very tough.

I usually get the nine or ten ounce steak--sometimes the New York strip--that is cooked to medium. I do not like my steak runny or hard as a rock, but just right in the middle. On top of my steak I like to put sauteed mushrooms and top it all off with a little bit of steak sauce. This gives the steak just that little zip of added flavor, and overall, it makes a perfectly delicious steak.

Along with my steak, I like to get a baked potato with lots of butter, and a little bit of salt and pepper. Then a buttered role, buttered brocolli with some thyme, and a lemonade completes the ensemble. The medium steak is my favorite food, and the combination of the steak, baked potato, brocolli, buttered role, and a lemonade is my favorite dinner. Very Delicious! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment